View Single Post
Old 07-06-14, 02:51 PM
turbo1889
Transportation Cyclist

Bikes: Too many to list, some I built myself including the frame. I "do" ~ Human-Only-Pedal-Powered-Cycles, Human-Electric-Hybrid-Cycles, Human-IC-Hybrid-Cycles, and one Human-IC-Electric-3way-Hybrid-Cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In response to JoeyBike:

I've personally never attempted to ride up the "Going to the Sun" on bicycle during the Summer when it's open to automobile traffic. I've only ridden up it on bicycle when it was closed to all but official automobile traffic in the Spring. In Summer I always pay the few dollars to ride the shuttle bus up and put my bike in the bike rack and then ride down on the bike. What I know of riding up the road on bicycle when its closed to all but official automobile traffic in the Spring and some of the cyclist I've seen trying to bike up it and the traffic issues and danger to them that results I wouldn't attempt it.

Although what you suggest about doing it in the very early morning hours might work out okay. I'm not familiar with any rule to that effect but that may be because I've never attempted riding up that road on bicycle except in the Spring when its closed to all but official automobile traffic. In the Summer I always take the bus to the top and ride the bike down, which is very fun by the way but you better have good brakes !!!