RollCNY
Speechless

Bikes: Felt Brougham, Lotus Prestige, Cinelli Xperience,

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by ajtedd
i have looked into conversion kits, notably praxis bb30 converters due to their high durability (and weight). however there are still reports that the creaking and cracking noises will still come back.

I have no issue buying new cranks as it would save ALOT of hard earned cash but i am concerned it is only a short term fix. do you have any first hand experiences with bb30 converters?
I have no first hand experience with BB30, but there has been a great deal of commentary on it over time on the forum. PF30 helps resolve some of the creak issues, but it all hinges on proper installation and use of the correct Loctite. Same with BB30. If your shop is not using Loctite, they are installing it wrong.

The conversion sleeves get a great deal of positive press here for addressing BB30, and when you have a ton of manufacturers making them (SRAM, FSA, Praxis, and a slew of others), I would expect them to be a routine retrofit. Guys on this forum like @Campag4life are very knowledgeable on this system, and this should draw him in for first hand experiences.