View Single Post
Old 07-09-14, 05:30 PM
raqball

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 121 Posts
I've not seen many complaints on the Cyclo 505.

The few complaints I have seen are that some sensors do not connect and there are a few who are having power meter issues. Mio posted on the mioshare website a few days ago that v4.1 is on the way and that it will solve the sensor issues.

I submitted a support ticket to Magellan and received a phone call from them the next day. There is another user who reported the same.. You will never see this type of support from Garmin. The Cyclo does have a few issues but at least Mio / Magellan has been open and honest about them. They have taken responsibility for the bugs and they posted a public acknowledgement of the issues. Again, you will never see this from Garmin.. Ever!

We have a small forum setup at CycloGPS Forums since there were no forums for the Cyclo in existence. It's a small forum at the moment and there are only about 35 members so far but we do have 2 Magellan Reps who post there every so often. (moderators feel free to edit this if my posting the link is a no-no)

The Cyclo 505 for me, continues to be rock solid! Magellan would be insane to not offer maps of different regions. It's been said this is coming soon to the Cyclo. Laps are also suppose to be on the way per DCR..