Old 07-13-14, 10:43 AM
ahornbaker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IAmSam
Since I have a couple Velosolo disc cogs that I occasionally use on one of my mountain bikes, not too long ago I had the same idea but ended up letting it go. I cannot remember off the top of my head if Velosolo themselves offers a disc hub with rear track spacing but you might want to check there.

Then, if you don't mind spending big or waiting awhile...I am pretty sure that White Industries & Paul Components offer 120mm disc hubs, Mack will surely build one; and if I'm not mistaken, our own Sixty Fiver's company makes such things, doesn't it?

Or a less expensive solution to your quest that should not be very hard to get is Broakland's Disc adaptor that works on any fixed rear hub.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing other suggestions & what you end up with, as that may reignite my own interest in it...
I found this site that seems to offer at least one setup for a bolted cog. Here is a link to a hub that seems as though it was made specifically for this purpose:
VeloSolo Shop - Converted Disc Mount Hubs and Hub Parts
If this works, the only questions I have now are how do I determine my chainline and accommodate for it with spacers (and will spacers mess up the axle spacing), and how do I know what length of spokes to get for this hub? They have a 41 and 46mm chainline option for this hub, which seems to be determined by the spacers. The crankset I have shipping is the SRAM S300 48T if that has any relevance to the chainline.