View Single Post
Old 07-13-14, 05:58 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,741 Times in 890 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
Well, what the'? Our gig yesterday was in Little Compton. Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, how did you end up in the same place? ...
Little Compton? Small world? Jim, I sense a theme coming on here...

14 miles on the Minuteman at the end of the day, warm and breezy, but not quite as much of either as earlier this afternoon, when we tried out the (relatively) new Spy Pond canoe rental service that the Arlington Recreation Department has organized on the weekends. That was fun, and of course is steps from the Minuteman. Getting back on topic, this afternoon's ride was one of those where I chiefly noticed fellow trail users: sometimes their bodies, which in this weather were generally on display in all their morphological variation (mine, too, of course, it's only fair); sometimes their minds, as manifested chiefly by their behavior... a certain amount of morphological variation there, too, and not quite as much discreet veiling as perhaps some thought they were employing. Oh well... Zappa has a song for that, as for so many other things...

Good news: the suspended vine egg is still bobbing resiliently from its tree. Bad news: the big willow in Arlington Heights sustained serious damage in last week's storm(s), and is wounded and diminished.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 07-13-14 at 09:31 PM.