Old 07-16-14, 05:34 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DogBoy
Training Center. Its the PC based software that came with my Garmin 705. I never used Garmin Connect.
Thanks; I bought mine second hand so I knew nothing about that option.

From my last post; The little 2-AA phone charger I bought from Radio Shack I found has some limitations. It seems if the internal battery in the phone discharges too much ( before hooking up the AA charger ) the phone doesn't accept the charge from the charger when plugged in. I figure this is due to the algorithm that the phones' on board charger is using. Likely when the power is low the phone wants to charge using more current than what the little 2-AA charger can provide. Somewhat disappointing but if you hook it up to the phone with at least an 80% charge the AA charger does fine and will keep the phone charged until the AA cells are drained. ( ~4hrs ). Of course this means if you buy one thinking that you have an emergency charger when your phone is almost dead you are still crap out of luck. For that application you will need a good Li-ion charger. ( or perhaps a 4-cell AA charger which I'm sure you can buy somewhere ).