View Single Post
Old 07-17-14, 11:37 AM
seajaye

Bikes: 650b traditional rando, 700c SS rando, 700c fast rando..... plus a mountain, folder, and retired urban track in the basement

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thank you for the advice everyone! i will have a dynamo hub powering a supernova front + rear light, 2 USB front lights as backup/for descents (are there even any on this course??), battery rear tail light as backup, front headlamp attached to the helmet for cuesheet/garmin. i might put the backlight on my garmin at the lowest setting i can get away with, will have a gomadic charger if it drains it too much (but i should be fine). think i have my packing list pretty good to go in terms of clothing, tools, and spares. i do want to make sure to know the approximate run-times of the USB lights because i won't really be able to charge them (one i might be able to charge with the gomadic, but don't want to bank on it).

will be going on a shakedown ride later tonight with a friend who i might be riding with, we'll see how it goes. he's more of a novice than i am, and i haven't ridden with him before, so hoping he can keep my pace.

the ride is on saturday night, so i am thinking about staying up all friday night into saturday morning, and then sleeping saturday morning to afternoon. post-ride i'll have to drive to philly, which hopefully won't be too bad. maybe even try another shakedown ride in the wee hours of saturday AM just to tire myself out further?