Old 07-17-14, 06:06 PM
ISPringle

Bikes: Trek MTB, Fit Bike Co. Mac 3, Shogun 100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vicegrip
I would guess less aero drag. I seem to ride in the drops more than those that ai ride with for the same kind of riding and ride a bit lower to the top tube. Just chugging along is in the drops and I tend to be the last to come up on the hoods when climbing. Don't make effort to ride the drops for any reason other than it just seems to feel right. I can place both palms flat on the floor so I guess I might a bit more bendy than the standard Fred/MAMIL.

But we digress....
I do the same, which is mostly why this concerns me. If I didn't ride in the drops the majority of a ride I wouldn't be as worried. For me it's honestly more comfortable. I have a strong core, both front and back, and I am very flexible. My core is from when I used to weight lift semi-competitively and my flexibility is a super power I was born with and have never had to work at. I find sitting more up right hurts my hands more in longer rides, so I've just decided drops for the win.

A little update. Went for a ride today. I tried to replicate this, and while I could, I found that by lowering my shoulders closer to the bar and sort of extending my neck forward, rather than just bending it up, I eliminated all dizziness problems. So perhaps it is just posture, which is really good because it may take me a few months to see a doc., apparently it's very difficult to get a physical when you don't have a primary care doc...