View Single Post
Old 07-17-14, 09:19 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4347 Post(s)
Liked 3,984 Times in 2,661 Posts
I would be in the 200 or sub 200 camp. Heck I bought a full mid 80s Dura Ace bike for $500 with much nicer tubing and everything. Granted I did get a good deal but for a bike that old with newer parts that are mid to low range I wouldn't go for it past $200. I have seen a few nice vintage bikes for the 400-800 range around including a nice old Peugot running Campy Record and a decent Trek running Deore XT from the early 90s for about $300. I don't look often but I am sure some other decent stuff is out there if you look (granted there is a ****ton of stolen bikes and even more broken huffys and expensive racers that were barely ridden).

I have no idea what the connection to Frida Kahlo is, I am guessing it is connected in the fact she might have used some of those colors in her painting and this kid thinks they can get more money using her name to sell the bike because apparently the bike on it's own is not good enough. Really all I would want on it is the Sugino? cranks and the old 105 brake levers for a friend. The build isn't horrible but not my taste

If you have a bike that works just convert it over yourself or with the help of friends or LBS (but be nice and not dickish).