Thread: Three foot rule
View Single Post
Old 07-21-14, 07:23 AM
kickstart

Bikes: 2005 Gazelle Golfo, 1935 Raleigh Sport, 1970 Robin Hood sport, 1974 Schwinn Continental, 1984 Ross MTB/porteur, 2013 Flying Piegon path racer, 2014 Gazelle Toer Populair T8

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris516
Maryland just says three feet. It doesn't go into the particulars of the proximity of a vehicle mirror to the most left point on a bike.

I was in fact on a two-lane blacktop this afternoon. Going 20-25mph in a 20-30mph zone. When some jerk thought about crossing the double-yellow line while approaching a small curve with a blind hill. I immediately went out to the double-yellow line. Because I wasn't going to allow myself to become collateral damage for their stupidity. When they would have tried to avoid the on-coming traffic.

What gives them license to be stupid because they don't want to be behind a cyclist going the speed limit. But, Despite being annoyed, at a slow motorist. They would have no problem waiting and/or, passing safely.
Probably the same authority that gives cyclists license to play traffic control.