iab

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3011 Post(s)
Liked 3,788 Times in 1,405 Posts
Originally Posted by rootboy
I thought it was downright nasty.
Nasty?

I find this whole damn thread downright nasty. 4 pages of kvetching that C&V is the loneliest number. Then I get attacked for pointing out the reality, there are several C&V events across the country. And I also correctly pointed out, they are generally sparsely attended. Why do you ask? (more condescension for those keeping score) Because all the “lonely” people are lonely by choice (which is fine by me) or they are too damn lazy to support something they “love”. It is just like expecting a manufacturer to make old stuff forever for a very few people and survive as a business, it is not reality. So when events like Velo-Rendezvous and Cirque disappear, there is no one else to blame except for the “lonely” people who don’t show up to support the event.

Too far for C&V events or not to your taste? Then start your own. 8 years ago I started here and wrote, meet me at the park and let’s ride. As simple as that. I think I had 4 takers the first year. Last year there were 20. Still small numbers but cheap, easy and a nice ride with great people and bikes and fantastic fish tacos at the end. It will cost you $8 in tacos to cure you of your C&V “loneliness”.

And God forbid you actually go on a ride with the “plastic & spandex” crowd. Because in reality 99% of them who are interested in bikes themselves love to see your vintage bike and will talk it up, boosting the obvious fragile egos displayed here. For the 1% who make a snide comment, no worries, you can come here and add yet another thread to the countless here claiming that everything new sucks. We certainly don’t have enough of those.

So rootboy, the “nastiest” thing you found in this thread was that when some anonymous newb on the internet completely misinterpreted what I wrote I didn't treat him/her with kid gloves? How telling. (that’s judgmental, not condescending nor nasty, for those keeping score)