Old 07-22-14, 06:13 AM
Schwinnhund
Gearhead

Bikes: 1982 Schwinn Sidewinder, Sun EZ-1 Recumbent, Cannondale R-400

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Are you alright? Maybe you should take a deep breath or something. The question was not about making a helmet cover, but simply repairing a rip in one. The very fact that braided does not stretch means you will have a good, tight repair that is unlikely to ever come loose. The helmet cover has nothing to do with the helmets ability to absorb shock.

This goes back to my original question: What is it about helmets that makes some people get crazy and weird, so much so that you can't even have a discussion about repairing a rip in a cover without eliciting a personal attack?

Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Incorrect, I hate guys who think that just because a braided is stronger, get your head on right man. Statistics show that braided line has ZERO shock, in other words it doesn't give. If you use braided line on that cotton helmet cover the person wearing such a helmet will surly die because the line used to make the cover will not absorb impact and will jar the brain in such a way that it could kill the wearer. WAKEUP MAN! I guess the one good thing about using braided line is that after the person is dead someone else can crab the cover and reuse it...