Old 10-18-05, 06:47 AM
trekets

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slvoid
Which one were you?
I was in the lead group of 7 or 8 till mile 60 or so. At around mile 75 (i think, right before the last rest stop) I was 2nd but I had to drop by the last rest stop, they kept going, you must've seen me when you passed me.
I was the idiot that when the cop pulled us over in piermont said, "there's 30 of us and 1 of him.. come on, we can take him."
I'm fairly certain that we were in Nyack when the cop pulled us over. I was the guy who questioned the cop about his insistance that we ride single file. I thought we should be able to ride two abreast which is the ny state law. He informed us that the law in Nyack is single file. I don't believe local law can supercede state law, but I just wanted to get moving. We were going at a good pace up until that point.

I bonked at about mile 90 and suffered horribly that last 10 miles so if I did pass you at the last stop, you probably passed me soon after that. I couldn't keep up and it seemed like everyone was passing me then. I should have eaten more.