Old 10-18-05, 07:51 AM
C Law
Too Much Crazy

Bikes: Eriksen 29er, Gunnar Roadie, Niner RLT, Niner RIP 9

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I am sure it would be serviceable and worth it at 90 dollars. I mean, 90 bucks? It is worth a shot in my book if you need a frame. I would put cheap yet durable parts on it and treat it like a red headed stepchild. I would get a rigid fork for it (not the Nashbar one, go surly). I would crash it into trees.

Please don't compare it to a Gunnar frame that was handbuilt in the USA out of superior steel.

Of course it is cheaper. It is made out of 4130 . It was welded by drunken midgets in a factory in taiwan. It will be heavier and ride like a tank. I have a bike (surly 1x1) made out of 4130 Cromo welded by drunken midgets in a factory in taiwan. It is heavy and rides like a tank. Good for what it is good for. Beating the hell out of and not worrying about.

I don't expect it to ride like my gunnar and it doesn't.

As long as your expectations are proper in that you are not going to be getting a great steel frame I would say go for it. you will be getting a heavy steel frame capable of taking a beating while also delivering some of the benefits of steel.

Last edited by C Law; 10-18-05 at 08:16 AM.