View Single Post
Old 07-27-14, 08:55 AM
raqball

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Harry
Just wanted to say thanks to all the thoughtful posts this thread...especially of course to Ragball and his most helpful reviews. Price point is important to me, and the edge 800 is being discounted [no longer in production] to where I thought I'd look into these navigation cycling computers. Now I'm thinking strongly about taking the plunge on one of these Magelian 505 units. I'm horrible on getting lost...nothing worse than finding yourself along about 80 miles out counting down the miles one by one, and then realize you've taken a wrong turn and don't know where you are [I attend events in several states here in the south]. Last year, I'd have ended up in South Carolina [in an event from NC] if I hadn't realized I was off course and stopped to call the SAG. I ended up doing a 'not planned century' that day. Anyway, the mapping functions are most important to me...so these comments have been very useful to me. Thanks again [ragballs help makes one want to 'pay it forward'...high marks
If mapping and navigation is your top priority then maybe take a look at the Cyclo 315..

If you don't care about using BT sensors, phone and text notifications and WiFi then the Cyclo 315 is cheaper than the 505 while still giving you complete maps..

Feature wise I'd say the Cyclo 315 is = to the Edge 810 and the Cyclo 505 is = to the Edge 1000

Price wise the Cyclo 315 is $350 and the Cyclo 505 is $430. You can get them 10% off through Clever Training by using the DCR discount code..