View Single Post
Old 07-28-14, 09:25 AM
IBOHUNT

Bikes: Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Sara says the truth hurts

The truth is that I need to lose weight and find some power.

Saturdays TT - Shenandoah VA; 4th/16

They shortened the course to 21 miles with only 1100' gain due to bridge construction but(!) they left the stinkin large part of the hill bit in it. The course starts in Shenandoah and has 6 turns coming out of town in the first 2 miles and that includes ~175' of the total gain and then goes downhill to another in the multitude of speed scrubbing 90 degree turns.

Starting at mile 4 there is ~6 miles of false flat. I managed to pass 2 on this stretch of the road. The turn around was particularly tight with maybe a 12' road.

Coming back you don't get the entire 6 miles of downhill part of the false flat but I managed to pass 2 more while I tried to reserve some stuff for the hill at mile 14 which is 180' gain in .7 miles where the chant was 'this sucks this sucks this sucks'.
A short downhill section followed by yet another 90 degree turn into 1.5 miles before heading back up hill; of course after a 90 degree turn. Seems if you aren't goin up you are going down and making a 90 degree turn.

The last 1K I managed to put out 110% and crossed the line in 58:15. Not what I had hoped but as I've said before, There is work for me to do.

I need to get better at pacing.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2TT.jpg (81.2 KB, 13 views)