View Single Post
Old 07-28-14, 12:26 PM
IBOHUNT

Bikes: Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
IBO, 4th of 16 against the Cat 5 men is a fantastic result. I am assuming the elite Cat 5 versus a masters Cat 5. If your gut is in the way, lose it. However, I suspect if you highs are hitting your gut your saddle is too low and or your cranks too long. Most rookie TTers have their saddle too low mimicking their roadie position. And a fast front wheel is much more beneficial than a rear disc wheel although a rear disc is beneficial. Hopefully, you have shaved your legs since that was one of the cheapest and most beneficial things, that the Specialized wind tunnel guys found, that a racer could do to reduce time in a 40K TT.
Have no clue what an "elite" Cat 5 even is. My license says CAT5 so that's what I sign up for.
There were the following classes so I got to race against youngsters.

1/2/3
Novice 5
Novice 4
Masters 45+
MAsters 55+
Masters 65+

My gut gets in the way but not like it would have 3 yrs/90 lbs ago.I've been trying to lose it but it's difficult.

If I had my saddle any higher I think it would be too high. I don't rock my hips but I'm close to that point. A fit is more then likely in order if I can just find the extra $950K that Sara thinks I'm onto

Yeah, shaved my legs and got my redneck card revoked. Freaked the spousal unit out at first but she's a big fan now.