View Single Post
Old 07-28-14, 11:25 PM
TheGlutton

Bikes: Rodriguez Test Pilot Tandem, 1991 Schwinn Voyegeur, K2 USA Razorback Team, Genesis City Cruiser Folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hmmmm... AB I assume the issue with the mount is that in order for the hanger to reach the chain/rings it must be mounted low on the "derailleure post" and that is where it is bumping into the "chainstay" support? Would a derailleure with a longer hanger work maybe one made for a triple? I wonder if any of the Dahon Mus use a double in front and we might look at how they are configured. I am just tossing out ideas because I am not sure I understand the issue, but I would really love to see you get it working.

Here is a glam shot of the first bike finally built up from my ride this evening (sorry for the bad light), I haven't been posting updates because I have been spending too much time building and riding But I will post more detailed shots of the tire-fenders soon, the only thing I bought for them were two 36" lengths of 1/8" steel rod at ACE Hardware for like $7 total. The rest of the hardware is scrap steel strapping and bolts I had lying around. I am pretty happy with the first set of fenders, and I have already formed all of the hardware I will need for the second bike as soon as I can source another free worn out 20" tire, they are proving to be rare little critters...

I loaded my backpack with 30lbs worth of lifting plates, a sleepingbag and some odds and ends to fill it out for my ride today which was short (19 miles) because I didn't want to ride in the dark. I noticed I will have to raise the rack a tiny bit to acomodate a little bit of flex when the backpack is this loaded because I heard just the slightest momentary whine over a few bumps when the rack must have flexed and pushed the fender into contact with the tire.

I took a short trip south to Olympia this weekend with my brother to ride out to a friends house on the water. I had my folder and he had a normal bike. Oh boy was I glad I had the folder because both of of our busses home were the last of the night and both had only one slot on the rack open, so we would have been stranded if I hadn't had the folder. Super cool, I am now converted
Attached Images

Last edited by TheGlutton; 07-28-14 at 11:25 PM. Reason: added photo