View Single Post
Old 08-01-14, 07:55 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
I like the looks of the frame, but I wonder if an EL of that size would be a bit flexy (depending of course on your size). If it were me, I'd probably be looking for an EL-OS instead, but that's because I'm a husky fella (and would be on a frame a size or two up). Those brake levers are very recent (like they've only been made in the last 3-4 years), inexpensive, Origin8 models, and I'm not sure the brown goes with the look. Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with them as I have a pair that's going on a vintage mtb that I'm converting to a drop-bar commuter, but I don't know if I'd be happy wth them on a road bike I spent nearly a grand on. Easy change though. And I could be completely wrong about the flex thing. Something to look for if you take it for a test ride.
Interesting thought. I suspect that is why a lot companies went with the EL-OS in later years. Personally I wish MiniMAX had stayed around a bit longer, that was likely a great frame with something for everyone.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk