Old 08-03-14, 09:48 AM
Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
I think that in many cases, people make too much of this perceived snobbery among cyclists as for the most part we're a pretty decent bunch who share a common love of cycling and if you look at this forum, it has brought a lot of people together.

I found my wife here, have made new friends, and stay connected with old friends... we have a nice community here where people help each other and I have lost track of the number of kindnesses that I have seen. Most recently my friend gave his rather expensive tandem to a single father on an unlimited loan so he and his daughter would have a much nicer ride... they are car free and the nicest people.

This same friend also gave away a restored Moulten to a gentlemen who was on a pension so he would have a really nice bike...

There is always going to be those people who have the mistaken belief that what they ride, who they ride with, or how fast they can ride makes them better people and this manifests among other types of enthusiasts.

The first rule concerning the "rules" is that you should ignore the rules... the only rule is that if you are riding that it's all good.