View Single Post
Old 08-05-14, 07:13 AM
sijray21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ygduf
in a crit you see the same corners 20+ times in a race. It would be hard to not get more comfortable with them. In a RR you might see them only once, so unless you know the road it's about what you're willing to gamble.
I think it's this, unless you're really familiar with the course at-speed.

Originally Posted by MDcatV
at PV, if you're talking about the one on the descent after the finishing hill, that one is an off camber downhill, decreasing radius turn with gravel all over it. the other ones at PV are largely the same.
also the left before the final stair-step climb if you're really moving. I had the opportunity to take that solo a bunch, but tight left hand turns in road races sometimes make me nervous since cars appear occasionally if the marshals are not attentive or if there is a determined driver. my teammate almost ended up in the bucket of a front-loader on the exit of that sharp down hill right hander you were referring to having to go into the driveway to avoid him.

BTW - it was nice meeting you (echappist) at Page Valley. I had to help some teammates out with feeding and race prep for the noon races after mine was done, but i'll swing by for beers next time.

Last edited by sijray21; 08-05-14 at 07:19 AM.