View Single Post
Old 08-05-14, 07:27 AM
VTBike

Bikes: Scott Sub 40

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I agree that you can't generalize the whole of Martha's Vineyard based on one person's behavior.

The title of your video is unjustifiably inflammatory. While it may not have been the safest moment to pass, nobody was run off the road - or even close to it. It also appeared that you had some room to move over to the right, but for whatever reason chose not to until the last minute.

My suggestion... Take a deep breath and relax. Why was it so important to get the person's license plate number? It's not as if the police would have done anything about it. Just accept that every now and then you will run into a jerk. As long as he didn't jeopardize your safety, pedal on and don't let it get to you. You're on Martha's Vineyard for crying out loud! Do you know how many of us would love to trade places with you - even with a guy honking his horn?

At the risk of being inflammatory myself, could this be a symptom of velomobile enthusiasts thinking that they are just a little bit more special than the common bicyclist? While that may not have been the intent here, it risks coming across that way.

Last edited by VTBike; 08-05-14 at 08:40 AM.