Old 08-08-14, 07:05 AM
bwilli88 

Location: Kampong Cham, Cambodia but I have quite a few in Lancaster, PA

Bikes: Bikes in USA; 73 Raleigh Supercourse dingle speed, 74 Raleigh Grand Prix SS, 78 Raleigh Supercourse, 83 Centurion Pro-Tour, 82 Raleigh RRA.

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
this is what I started with...

And this is what I ended with after a bit of work

I had to re-curve the fork, I removed the cheap claw derailleur and the freewheel which I replaced with a single freewheel, I removed the FD, the trashed triple chain ring and the bottom bracket and replaced it with an old single front chainring and new bottom bracket, I replaced the cheap V brakes with some Deore LX Canti's with some new Tektro levers. Prior to the repaint, I had the gear housing stops removed for use on another bike. I also had a newer set of grips and handlebars with a recovered seat. The wheel set I respoked to center the rim on the hub after I removed an old freewheel 7 speed and also did the front wheel to match, the original front wheel was a trashed SS rim and the rear was a lightly tacoed 7 speed that really needed help. The seat post is original