Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
Report back after a few rides.

I'm in love with the rando handlebar. I might get more of them and put them on other things. I'm enjoying the giant pedals too. That right there is a reason to keep the boat-anchor crank. I like the big shifters, and I like them where they are on the stem. However they seem to have pretty short pull for the replacement derailleurs. They have to be moved through their entire range. If for example I wanted an 8-speed cassette then I might have problems.

I also really like the Romin saddle.

The front wheel I'm using has a busted hub and its dish is off. Pity, it's probably the only one I own with butted spokes. However I'm going to move the wheels from my Paramount over long-term and not worry about replacements for a while. I want to ride it more than I want to mess with solvents and bearing grease. As part of that I'm going to put the giant freewheel on the rear Paramount wheel. I'm wondering how it's going to shift. I've got a SRAM 7/8 speed chain and it's doing fine on the Regina but it has no pins and the freewheel has no ramps, so I'm worried it will skate.

Turkey levers are indeed quite useless. The tiny knurls on the barrel adjuster are difficult but they need to be undone to make enough slack in the cable to get the yoke off, in order to get an inflated tire out of the brake. That's annoying. The brake pivots need to be greased.