3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26400 Post(s)
Liked 10,373 Times in 7,202 Posts
Originally Posted by SirRdWarrior
Is there any advantage with going to a 700 wheel? Any issues with keeping 27 inch?
...I actually built wheels for it and used 27" rims from Sun (IIRC), not so much for any
reason other than I knew I wanted to go with relatively wide tires, and I think that the
bike looks better with them proportionately to the rest of the frame.

I don't think there's any performance advantage one way or the other, but it is true
that the selection of good tires in 700c is exponentially larger than 27" tires.

Again, I don't see this as a real high performance, lightweight speed machine, so
I did not intend to put high end tires on it......if 27" look at Panaracers or Schwalbe,
and buy them online from someone like bike tires direct.

I think mine currently has the Performance house brand tire on it, in 27 x 1 1/4 and it
does about as well as I want it to do. I'm thinking about fenders and a rack with panniers,
just because it's already a little heavy, and would make a good utility bicycle cycle.

If you make sure the frame and wheels are aligned and dished correctly, it goes downhill
like it's on rails. Very confidence inspiring. As i already stated, it's a guad builder on the ups.