Old 08-11-14, 01:33 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Bulldogsprinter
Cheers. Yeah I know jumping to sub 1:10 is not something easily done, but the feeling I have from training and doing those two races is that I could go faster. The first one I had a dreadful start and didn't know what I was doing, sat down after about 120m and continued accelerating seated, the second one I had a much better start, but I had tweked my position a little bit and hadn't had time to test it and felt I could produce the power I should. I were a lot happier with the first one as I felt I had given everything, the second I finished feeling I still had something left. I will do some proper gym work this off season, haven't done that since I started road racing, have my back ground in martial arts.
You will get faster as you tweak the various things you've mentioned. Then when/if you focus your training, you'll gain time there, too.

There are generally 2 ways to ride a kilo: As a long sprint or as short pursuit. Big guys with raw power like the former option. Slow twitch guys like the latter option.

As recent events have shown over the last couple of years, the enduros (like Ed Clancy GBR) are beating the pure sprinters in the Kilo.

Also, only mad men enjoy the Kilo