View Single Post
Old 08-12-14, 05:14 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
I took my Celeste Proto out along my usual route on Sunday for a nice ride in the country. At one point as I coming down a hill to a T intersection I saw a rider on a MTB or Hybrid go by and I turned on the road I thought "why not?" and the chase was on! After about 3/4 -1 mile I almost had him, not that he was moving fast but I had a gap to close, however it was not be. As I started up a small rise just about to catch up I made a technical error and dropped to the small ring instead of climbing a few more gears on the FW. Alas I couldn't spin up fast enough and lost all my momentum. I almost had him again but then he made a right and was safe for another day.

I was having a great ride at around 25 miles just before stopping for water I had a blowout! First flat of season, not counting the ruptured case on Sat that limped home on. The total for the day was 44 miles and 1218 ft of elevation lost.

Yesterday I took the day off to enjoy one of my other fun hobbies and a few great hours at the range. I am no Annie Oakley but if they are standing still I should be able to hold my own against a few Zombies.

Looks I am in for a for a rainy day today so I'll have to turn to and get a few things done around the house.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk