GlennR
On Your Left

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked 2,433 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX
well, before the barricade was put in place there WAS a sign that said not to bring bikes into that area, so that's really applied since a week or two after Memorial Day. and as far as getting a bike stolen, do you REALLY think that's going to happen there? you would have a much better chance of that happening if you go to one of the bathrooms in the park, cause there are cars close to those bathrooms and someone can throw it in their car and drive away, but i HIGHLY doubt someone is going to steal a bike at the Tobay turn around point knowing they have to ride it at least 9 miles to get away...
It's pretty easy for 2 guys to head down ocean parkway with a minivan. One hangout at the turn around and grab a $5000 bike, ride a short distance and throw it in the waiting minivan.

Are you willing to take the chance?

The Town of Oyster Bay needs to revisit the security gate. Signs at Jones Beach seem to work in letting cyclists know not to ride on the boardwalk. As things stand, i won't be stopping at the turn around and will continue to the Jones Beach East Bath House to relieve myself and refill my water bottles.