View Single Post
Old 08-15-14, 08:53 AM
grazy1949

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Made to Measure Bikes

I live in Spain and am a keen cyclist with a lot of connections with both able bodied and physically challenged cyclists. I have been amazed at the range of made to measure bikes that are produced here in Spain and one day I saw a super fit parathlete (Juanjo Mendez) with a double amputation (LH arm and LH leg). It was at a velodrome and he was riding a track bike at tremendous speed. I noticed the name on the frame was Kinethic. I did some research and ended up visiting the factory in Alicante , Spain. I met the owner Juan Enrique Vidal who told me that after winning the 1994 tandem road racing world championships, he had opened his own bike manufacturing business. It is a small factory with a team of about 4 highly skilled engineers, but I was amazed by the wide range of bike they manage to design and produce. I ordered a composite framed road racer with Ultegra group set, which I rode in the mountains here in Spain for 5 years, but now that I have turned 65, I have decided at last to give carbon fiber a try. I have just taken delivery of my new carbon fiber Kinethic (7.1 kg) and over the next few weeks I will asses the differences between the two frames. Kinethic Made To Measure Bikes speak English and Spanish and distribute to Europe and Japan. Take a look at their video and pay their website a visit if you fancy it:

http://www.kinethic.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN0291.jpg (110.9 KB, 1 views)
DSCN2900.jpg (100.6 KB, 1 views)
DSCN8648.jpg (105.5 KB, 2 views)
DSCN9179.jpg (108.0 KB, 2 views)
juan-enrique-tandem-1.jpg (97.7 KB, 1 views)
image.jpg (77.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by grazy1949; 08-15-14 at 11:58 AM. Reason: typo