Old 08-15-14, 05:07 PM
meanwhile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spare_wheel

It is always amusing when someone attempts to "educate" me by repeating the gist of comments I made earlier in the same thread.
Good: if I was you I'd need something to laugh at.

but again, more complex than "spare wheel" (whose profile name pre-ad homs him, although he doesn't use the word correctly) and the like think
WTF? Does the fact that I happen to ride crabon bikes for every day utility offend you or something.
I'm sorry: I can't understand the level of poor reading skills required to reach your conclusion. I commented on your lack of understanding of the engineering of CF frames; what does this have to do with sort of bike you ride or my feelings about that? You can ride whatever sort of bike you like, my interest is (out of kindness) correcting your reading errors.

Here is my first repair ('08 Calfee):

The small ding is recent and at some point I will sand it down and re-apply clearcoat. I sure hope my frame does not "delaminate" "meanwhile".
..And nowhere did I say that CF frames can't be repaired. Again, learn to read, young man, learn to read!

(Otoh, I really wouldn't want to ride a bike that you think you've repaired...)

Once again:

- CF bikes have many advantages

- They do have the disadvantage of having hidden delamination damage, which is hard to detect, and can lead to sudden failure

- If anyone reads this as "CF bikes break more easily!"... then they should go back to their high school and demand their parents taxes back. Unless the problem is genetic, in which case they should apologize to the teachers instead

...That a bike is harder to inspect is NOT the same as it being weaker or more failure prone! However much this may confuse some simpler minds.