View Single Post
Old 08-19-14, 02:35 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
SUCCESS!!!!!

I after rerouting the cable a few weeks ago and going for a test stroll around the neighborhood, I finally took the Boarala out for her first ever real ride. When I first built it I was mostly doing errand type stuff with her but today I gave her a good 25 mile shake down cruze.

She is heavy! Between the IGH and the dynamo that is a lot of weight to drag up and down the stairs. While the setup may make it look small I can actually only lift the front wheel about 2-3", a little much for a road bike but considering this is a Celeste blooded 'cross machine I think the fit is good. The handling was just what I would expect for a Bianchi but I am not sure if it was the weight or the slightly bigger tire than I am used to that made it seem a bit sluggish at times.

I don't know how many of you have an IGH with the backwards Jtek but my knees hate it!! Despite trying to keep in mind that shifting was backwards I seemed to find myself shifting to a bigger gear when climbing and then as I started down..... You got it! I jammed that shifter down and almost dislocated my knees!

The one town I ride through put some oil and chip on a road that was getting pretty beat up so I even got to do a little gravel grinding. I may load this in the car and head down the road to a rail trail Thurs and give it a good 20 mile path ride.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P8190090.jpg (102.5 KB, 65 views)

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk