Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by B. Carfree
Overall, I'll take it. Sure, I'll still complain and even get out of the saddle occasionally and put in some real effort to improve things. However, if I ever decide that I don't enjoy it anymore, I'll simply pack up and move elsewhere. Every nice ride is a real treat and I appreciate the many that I get.
That's just it ... we have the freedom to move to a better place if we want. And that's exactly what Rowan and I have just done.

We took the first likely-looking place we could find when we moved here, and it has some nice features, but cycling from home isn't the best and there were several other changes we wanted as well.

So now, at the end of our lease, we are currently in the process of moving to a place which will hopefully be a better choice for many reasons, not the least of which is that there seem to be more and better cycling options. We've even done a little bit of cycling in the area already, and have enjoyed it.

The jury is still out as to whether the new place will be a "bicycling heaven" ... but it certainly has potential!