Old 08-29-14, 09:49 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,001 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by Roukan
Hi There

I have a Trek 7.3 FX 2014 model hybrid bike and I'm looking for some help on converting to a 1 x 9 (11-32 x 36) drivetrain.

The current chainset is a Shimano Acera M371 (48/36/26) triple - from what I can gather this is an all-in one unit and will need replacing as the chainrings cannot be removed.

So I'm looking for some suggestions for a cheap(ish) replacement Single 36T chainset with Narrow/wide teeth as I plan to ditch the front derailleur and shifter.

I have no idea what the bottom bracket model is (it's not listed on the spec sheet) and I'm hoping I can get away with out replacing it to keep cost to a minimum.

Perhaps there are some hidden pitfalls I'm unaware of, therefore any feedback/help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Roukan
You really have to nail the gearing on a 1x setup, especially if you ride up and long.