Old 08-30-14, 05:25 AM
digibud

Bikes: Spec Roubaix, three Fisher Montare, two Pugs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
my take on it is the warbird is out. it's not a touring bike. Like others have said, the Vaya is a better "touring bike" for roads and the Fargo is better if it's going to be more off road. I just got a Fargo because I expect to use it off road as well as on road. If I was going to use the bike on gravel and dirt fire roads I'd go for the Fargo simply because with the Fargo when you see a left turn down a worse road, you can probably take it. If your gravel road takes you to pavement in 1/2mi and you're going to stay on pavement 90% of the time, then go with the Vaya but if you're going to end up on wet, muddy, dirt roads at times, the Fargo can't be beat. I got the Fargo3 but I do wish it had higher end components and even lower gearing. I'm probably going to swap out the crankset for lower gearing but we'll see. People tend to adapt to whatever their riding. You'll go where you can and do what you can with the bike; the trick is to realistically evaluate what you actually WILL do with the bike before you buy it. That's not always so easy.