Old 09-01-14, 05:21 PM
Sir_Name 

Bikes: are fun!

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller View Post
How do you get your Heady Topper? You drive to Vermont just before it is delivered?

My choice for Strong Brew lately has been Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA or Harpoon's Leviathan IPA, serious stuff. For more mundane stuff it has been Harpoon IPA. When a friend was visiting last week we tried Flying Dog's Raging *****. It was much better warm than cold. Otherwise the various tastes are just too incoherent.
Yes, unfortunately... Trips up to VT are the only way I know of to currently snag some Heady Topper (either to the brewery or stores with some stock, Mass too). I believe last summer there was no 'cap' on purchase amounts, so friends and I certainly made the trips worth it. The only problem with this 'craft beer upswing' is stock becomes limiting. I believe there are a couple(?) taverns/tap houses/whatchamacallits in Mass that will carry it on tap from time to time. Prohibition Pig comes to mind, but that's in VT... Friends with Facebook usually give me a heads up.

I went on a very nice canoe trip last summer that happened to end at the Harpoon brewery (unplanned!). Burgers and beer were most welcome. Though the pike and small mouth we were plucking out of the water were pretty tasty. I haven't had Raging ***** in years, used to love it.

Founder's Breakfast Stout is a tasty one. Especially around room temp come fall...