View Single Post
Old 10-21-05, 02:05 PM
K&M

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. We picked up the habit of standing after stops and when coming out of corners from the very fast and experienced tandem team of Mike Moseley and Emmy Klassen, when we were following them at the Solvang Double. We had to start doing that just to keep up with them!

We got the bike in February and the Rolf wheels came as part of the package. If you check my thread "Got Rolf Wheels? Check your spokes" on this forum you will see how things have been going with the wheels. To make a long story short, the rear wheel came with the spokes laced incorrectly and we've now had a couple of spokes break on that wheel. Other than that, we like the way they ride and we certainly like the light weight.

Congratulations on completing your first double century. You picked a hard one to start with, but pulled it off in style. Maybe we'll be seeing you at more doubles next year?? You're certainly capable of riding a good time at any of them, although don't let your stoker talk to mine (since you say she has some descending "issues") if you are thinking of doing the Terrible Two!!

We made the mistake of test riding part of the TT course and my stoker flatly refused to return for the event due to suffering a panic attack during one of the many incredibly steep and technical descents on horrendously bad pavement. I ended up having to do that ride on my single - which wasn't nearly as fun.

Sorry we didn't have a chance to talk and compare notes more at the finish Saturday, but, as I say, I was kind of lost in a world of my own at that point ....