Old 09-15-14, 10:16 AM
Panza
Keep calm, Cycle on

Bikes: Pinarello F8, Bianchi ∞, Colnago SS, Niner MTB

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for a good, interchangeable power meter.

Originally Posted by Original Post
Hello,

I want to be convinced with all your sarcasm, satire, and humor to buy a $5,000-10,000+ dollar dream machine racing bicycle.

I spent $9000 dollars this year on a motorcycle and I barely ride it. Forgot to mention though, she recently bought me a birthday present, motorcycle saddlebags to get me to use it more. I think she likes going on rides on it. Selling it is out.

I spent about $3000 on my enduro road bike this year including clothing and gear. It was an entry level carbon enduro road bike and I've put thousands of miles and hundreds of hours on her over the season.

I'm considering biting the bullet and saving over the winter to emerge into next season with my dream road race geometry frame with quality components/wheels.
I do race. currently looking to enter Cat 3. Would it be worth it or not?

It sounds great to me, but then I think... it's just a light bike with no motor. Metal pipes, carbon wheels, and gadgetry. To top it off, I have 5 other bikes already. How do I justify this to, example, the wife.
Update
I can pretty much do whatever I want with my money, wife approved, but I'm starting out by purchasing some of the important bits instead of going gung-ho with the frame and new groupset.

I think the most beneficial thing I can do currently is biking with a computer/power. I usually find out my speed and estimated wattage after I upload my ride onto strava.

Pickin' up the Edge 1000 bundle tomorrow, and I'm looking for a power meter to go along with it.
I mainly race two bikes (Road / CX) so I'm thinking what would be friendly for these and easy to change about.

I'm thinking this might count out Garmin Vector pedals because they're one sided?

Last edited by Panza; 09-24-14 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Didn't want to make a new thread.