Old 09-17-14, 10:18 AM
jsutkeepspining
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by waterrockets
Yeah, I've seen it completely shatter the field. Shred it with guys falling off continuously. But the top ten doesn't change at all (assuming domestiques are doing the shredding).

We tried something different one time on a hilly 5-mile loop road race. Hit every hill super hard for the first two laps. 80 riders dropped to 25 riders in no time. Then the guy who usually attacks... attacked and won solo. This stuff mostly just hurts the weak and the instigators.

We were frustrated that we didn't use our normal rotating attack strategy. Sending pairs off until the right group sticks. Always leaves plenty of people to cover the other contenders, and gets us some horsepower in the winning break. The other games were a waste of effort.
Yeah, I inadvertently did this in one race where i followed the eventual winners attack on the frist lap. We shattered the field into 13 guys, but guess what, all those 13 were pretty strong, we only got rid of the pack fill 2s. Unfortunately i then flatted, and had to run an aluminum wheel with carbon breaks on a course will a downhill/tight corner (aka can't break didn't want to die got 11th).