no1mad 
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Corben
I see these guys all the time on my way home from work late in the evenings. Usually on a BMX or a MTN bike. Sometimes a old road bike. And thier rides are always lacking reflectors and lights. Their wearing dirty dark clothing and packed black backpacks. Obviously they don't want to be seen by anyone because they're crooks. I do not concider these guys real cyclist but thiefs who use the bicycle as a tool to help them do their dirty crooked work.
Crooked commuters?
Dude, seriously?? Have you observed them committing a crime- any crime? Other than the traffic code as it relates to the lights/reflectors for night riding??

Once upon a time, I was without a car, living w/my mom, and working fast food. For the longest time, I worked the breakfast shift and I got there by walking a mile and a half. I wore dark clothing- as it was the uniform- and when the weather turned bad, I wore a black duster. Then when I picked up a second job that required a change of clothes, I carried those in a dark bag (I didn't become fond of bright colors until much later in life). And I've also lived in some sketchy areas where I would do my best ninja impersonations at night- not because I was up to no good, but to minimize the chances of getting jumped by some bored punks.

Last edited by no1mad; 09-28-14 at 02:04 AM.