View Single Post
Old 10-01-14, 07:25 AM
agmetal

Bikes: Bianchi Volpe, ANT 3-speed roadster, New Albion Privateer singlespeed, Raleigh One Way singlespeed, Raleigh Professional "retro roadie" rebuild, 198? Fuji(?) franken-5-speed, 1937 Raleigh Tourist, 1952 Raleigh Sports, 1966 Raleigh Sports step-through

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
I've looked at the Straggler...while it does seem like it would be generally well-suited to my purposes (although I'd rather have the rear caliper between the stays...), I think it would put me too far over-budget. I'd have to buy the frameset, and then everything else separately, since the complete would be geared with STI, so I'd end up spending a bunch of money on extra stuff that would end up being taken off and I'd still have to buy more parts. The Nature Boy Disc as a complete gets me most of the way there, and then I really just need to add stuff (fenders, rack, that sort of thing).

A friend suggested looking up the Kilo WT as a starting point, and actually that looks like it would be really good for a drum-based build, except for the fact that the rear dropout spacing is only 120mm.