Old 10-10-14, 11:58 AM
armstrong101

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclotoine View Post
These are important observations which I agree with. I see from just a few comments that opinions on when the market got crazy is all over the place. In vancouver BC when I first started getting into C&V around 2005/06 campagnolo was already expensive (actually ebay prices for record rear derailleurs was higher on average back then than it is now). Road bikes were selling for at least $250 no matter how crappy. Fixies were all the rage and there was a fever in the air with youngsters snapping up road bikes as quick as possible. No drop bar lasted more than 24 hours on craiglist. Now the market is flooded with fixed gears and conversions are not in demand, and might even be downright uncool. I don't know, I am 33 and live in Canada's far north now. What I can tell you is the fever for vintage road bikes in vancouver has subsided and reasonably priced high end vintage road bikes will stick around on the for sale pages. Yes certain components have gone up in value and others have gone down. The market has stabilized to some degree.
Thanks for sharing. This is the type of perspective I like to read about.