View Single Post
Old 10-14-14, 10:16 AM
tronzo86

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD 10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies all. I have had the Cannondale for over 10 years. Purchased at a yardsale in Arizona for $80 and... Let me just sneak a pic in...

When I said the braking surface is good, I meant to say that it brakes well. The Anodized braking surface does show some wear though as bikemig pointed out. The wheels are very true though. I have never had to true the front wheel, but the rear wheel has only had to be trued once since I owned the bike. The skewers are shimano brand.
I have seen the some of the ebay Auctions but I just thought I would ask, over the years I have heard people say that those wheels are worth as high as $500, or as low as $150. I figured that the people on this forum would probably know best, a large pool of knowledge.

On a different note, When I measured the spread in the rear wheel it was a hair over 128 mm rear spacing, so I figured that a 130 mm wheel would be fine, and it is so far. I don't have to muscle the wheel in, it seems to fall in with a bit of help. Having those couple extra gears without having to reach down to shift is so nice..