Old 10-14-14, 11:03 AM
LGHT

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL3, Nishiki Pro Hybrid SL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by gdhillard
Do you think that police use Strava data to identify and catch speeders? I would if I were them.
In all honesty I don't see a problem in this specific MUP no matter how fast the riders go for a few reasons. Portions of the path are BIKE ONLY and it's a small 2 line road in the back of apartments / RV spots with little to no view.

The 2nd part of the path this is a MUP has a wide path. Large enough for full sized vehicles to use. As a result the few people actually walking the path have more than enough room and often walk on the outside of the path not interfering with the bikes.

Originally Posted by kickstart
I'm not seeing the "issue" with a 15mph speed limit, that's a fairly typical speed for the overwhelming majority of cyclists I encounter......except for some who post on BF............
Well the problem is certain areas have a good long stretch and it's a really nice smooth patch of gravel so it's a riders heaven. I just looked at the east side that has the TT setup and that portion alone has been ridden more than 56,000 times by almost 7,000 riders!

What's cool about the top speeds is 3 riders all from the same team all have the same times, but 1 second apart. They also logged the times on the same day. So basically it looks like they where ridding the TT together and in line to get the best 3 times.