Old 10-18-14, 11:40 AM
erig007

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dh024
I second the recommendation for a long-sleeve shirt (wicking layer) and a good wool sweater.
Just to add to that. I have plenty of classic wool sweaters. I find those not versatile enough. They offer warmth but little protection against wind. Wool sweaters with windproof/windresistant panels offer better wind protection in most cases. Only when the wind comes from the back which is not often since when riding the wind has to be faster than us. Because of those panels i find them comfy on a wider range of temperatures and weather conditions. Simple wool sweaters don't. There is a difference between insulation and wind protection. That's why i go for those expensive one though i could DIY something like this on my cheaper wool sweaters. Sewing something on arms and torso could probably do the trick.

Furthermore, i sweat a lot and the OP seems to sweat a lot as well. In my case, i need a thinner layer on the back for the sweat to go away easily. Simple wool sweaters don't allow that well. (one of the reasons why sometimes during rides when it's very cold outside there can be frozen sweat accumulating on the outer layer of the wool sweater)

Last edited by erig007; 10-18-14 at 12:25 PM.