View Single Post
Old 10-20-14, 06:34 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
BBright is fine for weekend riders. Your Cervelo is a Porsche and not a Kia. You need a Porsche mechanic.
BBright is simply stretched PF30 which is one of the most common BB's on race bikes.
Btw, I am a Specialized guy and a small related tidbit is Specialized abandoned their version of PF30 for 2015....only BB30 and threaded BB's in their product line. PF30 is more problematic when using separate BB30 bearings and plastic bushings. Why I spent some time going over this distinction. Integrated bearing/bushing solutions like the Rotor BB I linked are much less problematic...only need to silence the bushing OD to the BB shell ID.

Hope you get it sorted. A last note. If something is lost in the translation a bit between your mechanic and you and he did purchase the correct BB for you cranks with 'integrated' bearings i.e. bearing OD and larger outside bushing bonded together. Then have him uninstall the BB and start over. Start with alcohol to clean all surfaces of the BB and use the correct Loctite. If he is popping the bearing out of the bushings or used a separate bearing and bushing BB, discard it and get the one I linked from Rotor. Maybe find another mechanic that knows how to install BBright properly.
Good luck.

Last edited by Campag4life; 10-20-14 at 06:51 AM.