Thread: Awesome find!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-24-14, 01:23 PM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
- Brand new 1993 Trek 820 still in its original box. Paid less than a used one goes for around here.

-2010 Cannondale T2 in like new condition. A nice find, and a nice experience. The woman's husband bought it to commute on, rode it for 3 months, and decided commuting in Oregon was not always fun so he put it in storage. It was a long drawn out process. I saw it on Craig's List and called. She lived 120 miles away and we set up appointment. She called back within a few days to cancel due to a family emergency, and that she would be out of town for an indefinite time, but would call me on her return. Two months went by and I forgot all about it until she called. I went to look at it and was more than willing to pay her asking price, and would have paid even more. She looked at me and said, "you are not even going to negotiate?' So I lowered the offer by $50, and she smiled and shook hands. The last year Cannondale made touring bikes, last year Cannondale bikes were built in the US, and my size!

Last edited by Doug64; 10-24-14 at 01:34 PM.