View Single Post
Old 10-29-14, 09:04 PM
Double0757

Bikes: 1984 Cannodale full touring bike, Giant full carbon dura ace, Belinsky frame Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Back from the dead!

Riding on the right side of the most right lane on a 3 lane street. It's 4:20 am and no cars on the road, it's heaven! I still look occasionally to see far distance traffic coming from behind. I'm listening to some soft cristian music on the headphones. As the music lowers volume, I hear a car engine approaching. Take a look on the "take a look" mirror and don't see anything, keep looking and suddenly I see the front of a sedan right on my tail, and approaching fast. The car had no lights on and is going about 60 mph. I get a pot to my stomach that this car is going to hit me and hit me bad. I turn hard left to the empty left lanes. Didn't go right, as there is a guard rail on the right side and there is no escape that way.

As my front tire is touching the white line of the lane, I think I may have clear the car! BAAM! Metal crunching sound and my bike start to move from under me. I see myself in the air and see the hood, then the door of the car. There is a slight relive on my part that the car is not going to run me over. I land and skit 10-12' on the empty middle lane. I get up and I'm giving thank to God that my leg bones are not broken.

I look at the car and then look behind. A cop puts his lights on and go on persue of the now hit and run as I'm waving him to go on and catch the bastard. Looked to me that he was been follow by the cops, because 10 seconds latter a second patrol car stops to assist me.

I get taken to the hospital and he gets caught and put in jail for driving under the influence and hit and run.

Thi was the damage.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (96.7 KB, 207 views)
image.jpg (101.3 KB, 164 views)
image.jpg (99.0 KB, 128 views)
image.jpg (99.3 KB, 131 views)
image.jpg (100.1 KB, 123 views)

Last edited by Double0757; 10-29-14 at 09:11 PM.