View Single Post
Old 10-30-14, 11:48 PM
keyven

Bikes: Fully customized 11-spd MTB built on 2014 Santa Cruz 5010 frame; Brompton S2E-X 2014; Brompton M3E 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by modernjess View Post
Im sorry, but really?

You are too afraid to go to a local bike shop and try a few on for size? And maybe, just maybe, buy one there to help your neighbors make a living? Instead you prefer to get on bike forums and ask insipid questions in an effort to save 8 bucks while sending your money out of state and paying no state sales tax?

Really? Is that the gist of your dilemma?

I try to be nice here and help people out but this is weak. Man up. Go to a local store size it up and get a lid to protect whats left of your melon.
Man, you're totally failing at putting a convincing show of "trying to be nice".

Maybe for some cycling is just a side hobby and money is a consideration. Plus "country-by-country pricing" can vary by up to 30% or more. Over here in Singapore I've paid US$35 for a Maxxis Detonator MTB tyre at my LBS when it is going for US$24 (15) online in the UK - almost 50% extra.

So screw that stupid mentality from naive people who think it's "only a few bucks less" when people dare to shop online. Not everyone wants "installation costs" built into everything they buy. They do not reduce the price if you choose to install it yourself.