View Single Post
Old 10-31-14, 01:32 PM
bmthom.gis

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival; 2014 Cannondale Trail 7 29; 1972 Schwinn Suburban, 1996 Proflex 756, 1987(?) Peugeot, Dahon Speed P8; 1979 Raleigh Competition GS; 1995 Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1978 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by modernjess View Post
Im sorry, but really?

You are too afraid to go to a local bike shop and try a few on for size? And maybe, just maybe, buy one there to help your neighbors make a living? Instead you prefer to get on bike forums and ask insipid questions in an effort to save 8 bucks while sending your money out of state and paying no state sales tax?

Really? Is that the gist of your dilemma?

I try to be nice here and help people out but this is weak. Man up. Go to a local store size it up and get a lid to protect whats left of your melon.
Da mn straight I would rather buy online and avoid paying sales tax...or Amazon is just down the road and they still have an agreement with the state where they do not collect it. I don't have a local shop to be loyal to anymore, the franchise that bought it went bankrupt - so unless I want to drive to the next county over and pay their even higher sales tax (and prices as it is in a nicer "hip" neighborhood) plus the gas to get there, nah I think I'll just buy online until someone else opens a shop in my town.

Also, the OP doesn't even live in the US