View Single Post
Old 10-26-05, 01:59 AM
meb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HillWalker
Thanks for the Advice. Although changing gears is simple to some one who knows how to do it. Remember that people like me who started out on single speed bikes fourty years ago are looking for a simple alternative to get healthy and get around. I Purchsed my bike at a store and thought that I received good advice and was surprised when I got my bike home and had to learn how to shift gears. For those who know how to shift, good for you . I don't and if I hadn't seen this forum I would have bought a land rider because I still am having trouble figuring out how to use all those gears. The area I live in is Coasal which means lots of hills and very curvy roads and I dont ride the bike because it is a lot to think about while trying to learn how to ride again. Yes I have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time! I will never be able to pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time.

I am open to any one who can explain how and when to change gears and basically getting a bike road worthy.
I've had coworkers complain about not liking to manually shift the gears on bikes and decide when to shift. I think there is a market for them with the non-avid cyclist.